Monday, May 26, 2008

No title to think of...

So another week goes by at the Indian School of Business. The routine is pretty much set - wake up, blah blah, lectures, sleeping in lectures, smokes, coffee, assignments, the occassional meal, more blah blah, quizzes, case-study discussions, suttas, coffee, sleep, wake up... the chakravyuh is impossible to break out of. It's worse than running on a treadmill... you're actually slipping further back if you don't speed up!
In other news, mid-term grades have been announced (well most of them) and I am adhering-and intend to adhere heretofore - to a strict grade non-disclosure policy. You're welcome to tell me what you think I've got or what you've got, and I'll have a good laugh over both!
The one important thing of note is actually the election of Rohit Kapoor as GSB president. Here, I have to tip my hat to all the 440-odd students of ISB for having made the right choice. Major Kapoor is the PERFECT person to be the leading light of the institution, and is a sterling choice. Other elections are coming up...
...but honestly, everyone's eyes are on the end-term exams (and more stats, eco, marketing and accounts). And the journey back home after that. It's been an unbelievable six weeks since we arrived here starry-eyed on April 12th, and whether we admit to it or not, our lives have irrevocably changed, and we've become better persons, yada yada yada. But to cling on to the last vestige of sanity, everyone is going home. Everyone but me (and a few others)...cuz the Wife has finally deigned to come and meet me!

It seems like regular readers of the blog (yes, all four of you) liked the faux pas that I had posted earlier, and clamoured for more. So here are some more, all of them more or less true with a few minor embellishments - and needless to say they're all childish sexual innuendos. I'm going to call this lot the D-company - cuz they simply keep me company and provide me with enough to write about. Enjoy.

1. The aforementioned FPK, lets call her Oddity for now, yelled out in a moment of sheer anguish - "Guys, f$%k me!" As if the Accounts assignment wasn't enough. You go girl!
2. Friend of mine, aptly nicknamed "Prick", was boasting about how he put his room-mate in, well, his place. His exact words, "Kal maine BD* ko kya sahi thoka..." Yes, yes BD...say his name, bitch...WHAT'S HIS NAME?!!!! You showed him, Prick! (*Name changed to protect identity and ward off other potential suitors)
3. MG, happily married father of two, points vaguely in some direction and calls out to Bawi, "Eh bawi isko zara hila na." PG, see what your husband is up to in your absence!
I strangely can't remember the other big faux pas that seem to happen a dime a dozen. A lot of them could be attributable to me, I suppose.

**********
I think the best way to sum up the year thus far and the 11 months remaining come from a Seal song... as I was listening to it last night, it struck me between the eyes.

"You are never gonna survive this/Unless, you get a little, crazy"
Seal - Crazy (1991)

3 comments:

oook said...

FPK could also be faux pas kudi... :P

(And to make it even better pronounced fox pass kudi)

I had a classmate who kept making these unintentional double entendres. So I termed them Xisms (where X was her name.) She's still making them and the name has stuck. It's been 7 years but where ever she goes people talk of her Xisms. :)

Bornloser said...

IRSHAAAAAD saaab... i knew that being a journalist you would surely be blogging... ur blog was missing from my list. I have added it to the ISB blog roll too.... keep it up

Of rainy days said...

eh hello! mein aisa bola tha kya?